® Environmental Policy
As a manufacturer of high performance Jet Apparatus, ELMRIDGE recognizes recognizes the critical role it plays in the management of health and safety at work and the protection of the environment as a whole. ELMRIDGE is therefore committed to the principles of risk reduction, pollution prevention and undertaking its operations as a responsible corporate member of society.
Through a program of continual improvement, we will demonstrate our commitment to:
- Complying fully with all relevant ELMRIDGE legislation, regulations, standards, guidance, and codes of practice.
- Ensuring that wherever possible risks and hazards are eliminated, combated, or minimized.
- Providing and maintaining safe plant, equipment (including PPE), systems of work and work facilities for the welfare of employees.
- Providing sufficient information, instruction, training, and supervision for employees to enable them to carry out their tasks competently and safely.
- Ensuring raw materials, articles, and wastes are correctly handled, used, and stored to avoid damage to the health of employees or the environment.
- Designing products in such a way as to minimize their environmental impacts -- in production, use, and disposal.
- Providing sufficient information to ensure that our products are handled, used, and disposed of, in line with relevant legislation.
- Minimizing production of wastes at source.
- Maximizing efficient use of raw materials and non-renewable resources.
- Replacing materials, where practicable, with those deemed to be less hazardous to the environment or human health.
- Improving energy efficiency of processes and operations.
- Ensuring all liquid and solid wastes are treated and disposed of in a responsible manner.
- Minimizing discharges to air, water, and land, and monitoring any regulated discharges.
- Providing all employees with an understanding of this policy and their responsibilities in controlling and improving performance.
- ELMRIDGE will encourage the adoption of similar principles by its suppliers.